We're awarding up to 50,000 ArDrive Tokens in our third Usage Mining Rewards program called Inferno.
What are Usage Mining Rewards really?
ArDrive was built with the intention of getting permanent data storage into the hands of everybody. The ArDrive token (ↁ) makes it so users can take part in the governance of ArDrive and help shape the future of the platform while benefitting from their contribution to the ecosystem.
Usage Mining Rewards are a reward program for users who upload data to ArDrive.
After Aztec (2020) and Dust (2021), we're igniting a third usage rewards program, Inferno, designed to reward users with ↁ tokens for uploading data through the ArDrive suite of apps.
- Total number of tokens to be distributed: ↁ50,000
- 40,000 for Group Efforts
- 10,000 for Individual Efforts
- Upload stats are collected for the whole week, and rewards are sent out on the weekends.
GROUP EFFORT REWARDS
Weekly rewards will be sent out to the top uploaders for the week. Each week has a minimum amount that is needed to be uploaded in order to ensure ArDrive tokens (ↁ) are not being rewarded to users who upload a very small amount of data. However, every person who uploads the minimum has a chance to get rewards if they are in the Top 50 uploaders.
- ↁ40,000 to be distributed over 40 weeks
- ↁ1,000 awarded per week to the top 50 uploaders who qualify, distributed on Sunday Evening at 10:00 pm EST
- Upload data is collected from Sunday 12:00 am EST to Saturday 11:59 PM EST
- Minimum amount uploaded for a user to qualify for ↁ token distribution is 100 MB per week
- Up to 50 unique wallets that upload 100 MB for the week
- ↁ tokens will distributed to the top 50 unique wallets who have uploaded the minimum
- If less than 50 wallets upload the minimum 100 MB per wallet, uploaders will still qualify for rewards, but the reward amount will be cut in half for those who have qualified.
- All partial amounts are rounded up
- 40 total weeks of rewards will go out totalling ↁ40,000 tokens. If a week is missed, the season may be extended.
- A rules review will be every 5 weeks to validate players are following them correctly
- Results of Inferno will be posted on the Inferno Leaderboard
WEEKLY TOKEN DISTRIBUTION
When does it start?
Inferno kicks off Sunday, May 1, 2022, with the first rewards distributed one week later.
How long does it run?
Inferno rewards run for 40 weeks - through the end of 2022. New features will unlock as the Inferno grows. The ArDrive Community can vote to modify or update the rules of Inferno at any time for any reason.
Over the entire Inferno season up to ↁ50,000 will be distributed to ArDrive users, and countless new community members. We may never distribute ArDrive tokens at this rate again!
Where can I see the results?
You can see all of the results from Inferno on the Inferno Leaderboard.
Check out how many files were uploaded, amount of data uploaded, and, of course, how many tokens were awarded!
STOP, DROP and UPLOAD
If you have been wondering when you should start uploading your files to ArDrive - the time is now. Look through all of your old files and get the ones that you want to store permanently onto ArDrive. The more you upload the more you will be rewarded, and that reward includes membership into our ArDrive community.