The mobile app is
The world's first decentralized storage app is now available for mobile devices.
Feel the difference permanence makes
- Easy to use. All popular ArDrive features are available on the mobile app.
- Use ArDrive anywhere. Don't wait until you are back home on your desktop.
- Biometric login. Sign-in to ArDrive with your face.
Get the App
Download the ArDrive mobile app on Apple's App Store or the Google Play store.
Get your Digital Wallet
You take the security of your data seriously. So do we.
With ArDrive, you fully control your own files and what others can see. Our team does not have access to any of your files. This high level of data confidentiality is maintained through the use of digital wallets.
To get started with the ArDrive mobile app, you'll need create a new digital wallet and move it to your mobile device. Or you can use an existing Arweave wallet if you already have one.
ArDrive is built on the Arweave network to provide permanent data storage. Create a new digital wallet with Arweave with these steps:
- Visit faucet.arweave.net
- Check the box at the bottom and click "Continue"
- Download your JSON key file on the next page
Using ArDrive requires the digital currency AR. If you wish to get a small amount of AR added to your new wallet for free, carry on with the process of sharing on Twitter and some AR will be added to your wallet.
The following options can be used to get your digital wallet to your mobile device:
- Apple: Airdrop your digital wallet (a JSON file) from your Mac to your iPhone
- Android: use Nearby Share to send the wallet (a JSON file) from your computer to your Android device
- Cable transfer: transfer the file securely by using a data cable from your desktop directly to your mobile device
We recommend that you delete the file after you first sign in to the ArDrive mobile app.
For security purposes, we do not recommend emailing your JSON file to yourself on your phone as this will put your wallet on your email provider's servers.
Using ArDrive Mobile
After logging into ArDrive on your mobile device, you'll be directed to the first drive in your list.
The icon at the top left of the screen is the key to navigating the app.
After pressing select the +NEW Button to:
- Create a new Drive (Private or Public)
- Create a new folder to place within your Drives
- Uploads files or folders from your phone (such as your camera roll)
As well, selecting will give you access to all of your Drives
We are pushing ahead with more upgrades to the ArDrive mobile app in the near future:
- Removing the 100 MB per file limit for uploads
- Local currency payments