True, secure, permanent data ownership where you control your data and who has access to it.
The internet the way it was supposed to be. Originally the internet was conceived as a place where people could connect and share without being over influenced by big actors in the digital world. We are finally back to where we want to be.
The Current Centralized Internet
- Centrally located server operated by a single organization that has a single point of failure
- Relying on one party with changing terms of service and quality of service
- Lost credit cards, inactive accounts, lost data
- Digital companies and governments having access beyond our knowing and control of our personal information
The New Decentralized System of Data
- Decentralized networked managed by a peer-to-peer network instead of a single central entity
- Increasing difficulty for cyberattacks on a decentralized system
- Censorship-resistance, where third-parties cannot simply remove your data
- Redundancy and continued verification of your data
Curious about decentralization? Take our free online course to learn more.
Only you can see your private data
With our two key password system the only person who can see your data is you. We cannot see it, and will never have access to it. You make the decision of whether to share it or not.
No inactive accounts
You will never receive any emails that your account is inactive or that your credit card has expired. Use your ArDrive account as much or as little as you want. If you come back in 5, 10, 20 years it will be there waiting for you.