Help us rebuild the Library of Alexandria! Create a Public Drive filled with files on a monthly theme. Those who create the most useful content can win from our prize pool of 3 AR.
The Library of Alexandria
The Library of Alexandria was a library designed in ancient times (200 BC) to create a store of universal human knowledge and understanding. The Library was quite impressive in the first hundreds of years of existence, but much like our own internet, suffered from mismanagement and experienced a loss of knowledge over time.
We want to build up the permanent library of human culture and knowledge on Arweave's permaweb. Public Drives offer collections of free content for future generations, like digital time capsules of important files that will exist forever.
More than 2000 Public Drives have already been created on ArDrive on topics from books to movies to history. We've launched this Public Drive Bounty to accelerate the growth of useful, royalty-free content on the permaweb.
Each month we'll choose a theme for the Bounty. In light of current events, this month's bounty focuses on Ukraine. Your Public Drive could contain Ukrainian stories, culture and history including recent events. At a time when Ukrainian identity is being challenged, we want to ensure the Ukrainian section of the new Library of Alexandria is well documented. Ukrainian language content is especially welcome.
Grand prize: 2 AR
Runner up: 1 AR
How To Win
Successful entries from our bounty hunters have:
- An appropriately named Public Drive containing data only relating to the bounty. In other words, don't name it “My Public Drive”.
- Upload the most complete, accurate historical record of the data bounty, including as many references as possible.
- The rarer the information, the better!
- The larger the data set, the better!
- The more original the content, the better!
- Records may include photos, music, videos, PDFs or other documents.
- Avoid using exotic file types, zip files, application files or anything not relating to the bounty!
- Files must have relevant file names and organized into sub folders where applicable.
- Drives that are organized better have a better chance at winning!
- Drives must not include pirated or copywrited material
- Drives will be reviewed and the largest, most organized and thoughtful Drive will win!
As an example of a winning entry, see this Public Drive from our November 2021 Bounty on the theme of food.
This bounty opens on March 3. To submit your Public Drive:
- share it on Twitter with the Public Drive sharing link. Make sure to tag @ardriveapp and include the hashtag #ArDriveBounty
- or share it on Discord in the #shared-public-drives channel
All submissions must be tweeted by March 13 with winning Drives being awarded at our community call in mid-March.